Easter Sunday - April 21, 2019
"Why do you seek the living one among the dead?
He is not here but he has been raised." Luke 24:5-6
Saturday Vigil Mass:
5:00pm in English.
English Sunday Masses:
8:30am and 10:30am.
Misas Dominicales en Español:
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturdays, 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
Monday-Saturday 8:30am in English.
Holy Day Masses:
8:30am and 11:45am in English / 7:00pm en Español.
Unless otherwise noted in the bulletin/ A menos que se indique otra hora en el boletin.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Got a text from your pastor? Don't give!
Scammers' latest ploy is to impersonate priests, ask parishioners for gift cards or cash.
The Archdiocese of Miami has been hearing reports of people receiving text messages and emails from scammers impersonating clergy, asking for gift cards from Amazon and other retailers. If you, your friends or family receive text messages or emails like this, please do not respond or buy the requested gift cards. Clergy would not ask for gift cards.
You can report the scam to Florida’s Consumer Protection Division, by visiting www.myfloridalegal.com and filling out a complaint form, or calling the Fraud Hotline, 1-866-966-7226.
If your pastor texts or emails you asking for money or a gift card, saying it’s an emergency, don’t give. It’s not your pastor. It’s a scam. It’s happened to at least three South Florida pastors.
The scammers are probably using information found on church websites or in church online bulletins to trick church members into parting with their cash. “Requests for money are done (only) through collections approved by the archdiocese.”
5 Signs of a scam
These tips are taken from the website of the Texas state attorney general:
- They contacted you. When you contact a business, you know who's on the other end of the line. But when someone contacts you first, you can't be certain they're telling the truth. You don't know if they are whom they say they are. And remember, email addresses and caller ID information can be faked.
- They dangle bait - usually money. Let's face it: People simply don't give away large sums of money easily. If someone dangles bait in front of you - a big prize, a shopping spree, an easy loan - for nothing, they're probably lying.
- They want your personal information. Anytime anyone asks for your personal information - bank accounts, social security number, etc. - you should be on alert. Don't give it away quickly or easily, especially to someone you don't know. You may become a victim of identity theft.
- You have to pay them first. If someone offers you a prize, debt relief, or employment - but first you have to pay an upfront fee to get it - you're probably being scammed.
- You have to wire money or send gift cards. If you're about to wire money or send gift cards to someone in order to receive a prize, or pay off a debt collector that contacts you ... STOP! This may be a scammer trying to take your money.
Saint Martha’s Men's Club Scholarship Application
Dear St. Martha's Parish Family:
The Men's Club of Saint Martha's Catholic Church is proud to sponsor the Memorial Scholarship.
In this our 14th year of this prestigious program, we will grant a scholarship to a child of a parishioner of Saint Martha's Catholic Church.
The S.M.M.C. Memorial Scholarship offers an award to a deserving student entering a college or university. A committee comprised of several members of Saint Martha's Men's Club and prominent parishioners will select the winning applicant.
This year again we are pleased to announce: The Scholarship Award will be $5,000.00
Please come by the parish office before Monday April 22, 2019 to receive the packet.
If you have any questions, please contact the Parish Office at (305) 751-0005.
2019 Florida Statewide Stewardship Day
Who's invited: EVERYONE!
Description: This epic event is an opportunity to receive practical takeaways to enhance personal, family and faith-community stewardship.
- Service to others through impact initiatives
- Focus on youth and young adults
- Equip missionary disciples who are inspired to invite and accompany others
- Enhance or establish family ministries
Presentations are available in both English and Spanish.
- Date/Time: Saturday, May 4, 2019 / 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Location: Hilton Miami Downtown, 1601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL.
8:00am. Registration opens and continental breakfast begins.
Sponsor Exhibits open.
9:00am - 5:00pm Keynote speakers, Mass with Archbishop Wenski and Concelebrants, lunch and breakout workshops. Sponsor Exhibits will be open throughout the day.
To register, please visit www.adomdevelopment.org/statewidestewardshipday or contact the development office at 305-762-1064.
St. Martha Catholic Church Parish Registration
Planned Giving and Stewardship
Christ leads us to go out from ourselves more and more, to give ourselves and to serve others. The ABCD serves our community, especially in times of need. Help support the mission of the church by giving to the ABCD.
How can you become a real and active participant in the direct
ministry and sacramental life of others, even when you’re
A bequest to St. Martha Catholic Church is an investment in the lives of future parishioners, our children and grandchildren.
For more information, contact the rectory or call the Office of Planned Giving at (305) 762-1110.
“He went about doing good and healing all those oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.” (Acts 10:38)
On this Easter Sunday, open your hearts to receive God’s love, mercy and forgiveness. God is love and we are made in His image and likeness. Let our lives reflect His light to others. Pray for guidance on how to live your life and be grateful for all the blessings He has given you.
St. Martha Gift Shop & Bookstore
Please make sure to visit the Gift Shop after mass for all items available in the Bookstore.
All proceeds are for St. Martha Church.
Archbishop’s Charities and Development Drive (ABCD)
Our ABCD Goal for 2019: $143,516.37.
Annual Giving Statements
If you are not a registered parishioner yet, click here to register or update your registration.
We currently have a few volunteer openings Click here to know more
High School Teens, Come join!
Meet new friends and get closer to Christ. We meet every other Friday at 7:00pm in rooms B & C of the Parish Hall. Food is provided.
Middle School Youth Ministry!
For middle schoolers.
Fridays during school year. 7-9pm in Parish Hall. Contact Shafik Palis - email@example.com
|April 13th & 14th|
|Not Available at time of Print|
|Your gift helps to fulfill the mission of reaching Miami Shores for Jesus Christ. In thanksgiving for God’s gift, please budget a generous weekly offering in proportion to your household income.|
Elijah Vocation Cup
Will you commit to a week of prayer for vocations?
Please sign up at the Information Table. Thank you for your participation in this important ministry!
Visit www.formed.org for access to Catholic content.
Parish access code: TGFMWR